Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Becoming Healthy, Mind, Body & Spirit

Today is my 1st blog entry of 2009. I whole heartedly believe that we all can create a healthy lifestyle which is the reason I named my blog HEALTHY LIFESTYLES.

I cried today. My emotions needed a good cleansing. I've been through alot in 2008 and I suppose everything just came to a head today. I am usually the strong one...at least that's what everyone tells me. I'm assuming because it's very rare that I share my true emotions. I maybe strong to everyone on the outside but on the inside if truth be told, I'm really a softy. I cry in the dark, usually alone.

I've had to eliminate a few people from my life already this year. I've declared 2009 the year of "POSITIVITY", the year that I will make all my goals manifest! I've decided that even though there is no positive without a negative, I will only see the light and focus on what's positive. Some people in my life can't seem to get with that so I have to limit my time with them and when the conversation turns into a negative pity party, that's when I opt out.

I separated myself from the man in my life for a few days this past weekend. I needed the time alone to re-evaluate our relationship. Deep down inside, I knew I needed to let this relationship go. This so called relationship is not anything I've ever experienced before and I felt things weren't going any where. I let him know my feelings this morning and it didn't go over too well with him. He acted just as I had expected...not really, I actually expected him to act like an adult about it. Non-the-less, it's OVER! I can make room for someone new and better suited for me.

Most often I find myself focusing on physical health, making sure that I put only the best foods in my body and getting the proper exercise. This year starts with me focusing on my emotional health, making sure that negative, non-productive relationships are eliminated from my life.

Until next time, BE BLESSED!

1 comment:

  1. (((HUGZ)))) I hear ya on opting out of the pity party folks! Hope you don't mind but I'm gonna borrow that for my action plan this year. Peace & Love Sis!

    ReplyDelete