Saturday, June 13, 2009

Keeping It Simple in the Kitchen


WHATEVER IS LEFT IN THE FRIDGE SALAD


I visited my local farmer's market today. I bought a few organic fruits and vegetables. As I opened my refridgerator to put my purchases away I saw that I needed to make room. I took out almost everything and decided to throw it all together and create a fabulous meal for dinner.

Adding raw foods into your diet doesn't have to be as dounting as it seems. You don't need a $400 -$500 dollar blender. You don't need a dehydrator. I used a $20 dollar personal blendar similar to that of the magic bullet to make my salad dressing. All you really need is the desire to become healthy and to eat better. The best raw food meals are the ones you create on the fly.

Here is the recipe for my fabulous creation:

3 stalks of baby bok choy

1 head of corn

10 -12 stalks of snap peas

2 small heads of zucchini

a little bit of Purple cabbage

a lil' bit of onion

a handful of Cilantro

1 Tomatoe

1/2 Alvocado

Assemble any way you like.

MANGO LIME DRESSING

I don't really measure anything...I kinda throw a lil of this and that together but here is a list of what I used.

a lil' Olive Oil

2 small cloves of garlic

1/2 Mango

1 Lime

a lil bit of Apple Cider Vinegar

a dash of sea salt

a dash of cayenne pepper

3 dates

Blend till creamy.

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This recipe looks good. I have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg we are in sync! I was JUST about to make a salad with whatever is left in the fridge right now! Good thing I have high quality olive oil on hand, organic lettuce...and whatever else is in there...lol!

    ReplyDelete