Friday, April 17, 2009

Raw Food Confusion

While experiencing major health challenges and knowing what types of foods to eat that will help my body heal. I still fight with the urge to eat unhealthy things. Yesterday I had a severe craving for a snicker's bar. No, no, I didn't give into the craving but had there been one in the house I would have killed for it. Lucky for me or maybe not so lucky, I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to go out, otherwise I would have went and purchased one from the store.

Being a raw vegan or striving to be a raw vegan is more than a notion. The more information I gather regarding the lifestyle, super foods and even organ produce are somewhat confusing. The raw food Guru's can't even agree. You have one saying to eat predominantly fruits, you have another saying that fruits should be limited. You have someone saying Cacao is great for you, you have another saying that Cacao is toxic and should not be eaten. You have one saying fats such as coconut oil and avocados are good for you, you have someone else saying to avoid all fats. The conflict list grows larger and larger by the moment. I've always been somewhat intuitive even though it doesn't take intuition to know how detrimental certain foods are to the body such as a snicker's bar or a sugar laden soda, even diet soda for that matter. When it comes to improving ones health I suggest we all listen to our own consciousness regarding certain food items. Try them and see how your body responds. My body is very sensitive to certain things, I can tell almost immediately whether this is something I should be eating or not. Based on how my body responds is how I will respond in relation to whether or not something is good for me.
You become the expert regarding your body, after all, YOU live there no one else. I refuse to allow anyone tell me what is or isn't good for me. No one other than myself is an expert of my 40 something year old body...I've lived here the longest and I know my body better than anyone else. I will experiment with different "health foods" and see how they work for me. The so called experts or "gurus" don't know everything their opinions are based on what has worked for them.

If you are new to the raw foods way of eating. Go easy on yourself. Please don't be overwhelmed with all the information out there. If you start with eliminating one thing from your diet that you know is detrimental and add a few raw fruits and vegetables to your diet. You are on the right track. Don't feel that you have to become 100% raw over night. Take it one meal at a time.

In the mean time, as Bunny Berry would say from Rawfu "Eat your veggies"!

Peace, Good Health and Abundant Blessings,

Starla

No comments:

Post a Comment